- Product Description
- Commodity name: Cabinet
- Commodity ID: en-419
Furniture is made of various materials through a series of technical processing, and materials are the material basis of furniture. Therefore, in addition to the basic requirements of function, aesthetics and craftsmanship, furniture design is also closely related to materials. To this end, designers are required to do the following:
1. Familiar with the types, properties, specifications and sources of raw materials;
2. Design excellent products according to the existing materials and make the best use of them;
3. Be good at using various new materials to improve the quality of products and increase the aesthetics of products. In addition to commonly used wood, metal and plastic, there are also rattan, bamboo, glass, rubber, fabric, decorative board, leather, sponge, Fiberglass, etc. However, not every material can be used in furniture production.
The application of furniture materials also has certain selectivity, among which the following factors should be considered:
1. Processing technology: The processing technology of materials directly affects the production of furniture. For wood materials, the shrinkage, anisotropic fission and porosity caused by the influence of moisture should be considered during the processing. Plastic materials should take into account their ductility, thermoplastic deformation, etc. The glass material should take into account its hot brittleness, hardness, etc.
2. Texture and appearance quality: The texture and texture of the material determine the special feeling of the appearance quality of the product. Wood is a natural material with natural texture, beautiful appearance, vivid image, good hand feel, and easy processing and coloring. It is the first-class material for furniture production. Plastics and their synthetic materials have the characteristics of simulating the texture of various natural materials and have good coloring properties, but they are easy to age and deform easily due to heat, and their service life and scope of use are limited in the production of furniture.
3. Economy: The economy of furniture materials includes material price, material processing labor consumption, material utilization rate and richness of material sources.
4. Strength: In terms of strength, its holding force, split resistance and elastic modulus should be considered.
10. Surface decoration performance: In general, the surface decoration performance refers to the feasibility of decoration such as painting, sticking, carving, coloring, ironing, and ironing.Key words:
- Modern Furniture
- Furniture Design