Solid wood furniture is good, but do you know how to maintain it?
1 Why does solid wood furniture crack?
Reason 1: The moisture content of solid wood
The moisture content of solid wood furniture is not well controlled, and quality problems such as cracking and deformation will occur due to environmental factors such as sunlight exposure, excessive cooling, and overheating. Therefore, it is very important to control the moisture content of solid wood furniture.
Reason 2: Due to the weather
Due to geographical differences, the climate and weather are different in different places, so the moisture content requirements for solid wood furniture are also different. For example, the average annual moisture content of Beijing is 11.4%, so the moisture content of solid wood furniture should be controlled at 10.4% or 9.4%; the average moisture content of air in the south is 14%, and the north requires 12% to 13%. Therefore, after some southern solid wood furniture is shipped to the north, there will be cracks.
Reason 3: Improper use
Some friends do not take good care of the precious solid wood furniture, and put it in the bedroom by the window, so that the "baby" can endure the sun on the balcony. Or wipe the dust off with an overly damp towel. The furniture frame can be damaged due to random movement of the furniture.
Reason 4: Damaged transportation
During the transportation of furniture, it is inevitable that there will be bumps and bumps. In addition to the weather, the transportation of solid wood furniture is even more difficult. Although solid wood furniture will be more "strong" than furniture made of other materials, it is difficult to escape without proper maintenance.
2 How to rescue the cracking of solid wood furniture?
If it is judged by the naked eye and there are no small cracks, it is very easy to solve. Use 502 glue to drip in along the cracks, and then use a blade to gently scrape off the excess glue, but do not use the blade to damage the paint surface of the furniture . If there are small cracks that have been cracked, the treatment will be relatively complicated.
Here are some emergency remedies for you:
(1) Boil old books and newspapers that have been cut into shreds, an appropriate amount of alum, and water to form a paste, carefully embed them in the cracks, and wait for them to solidify.
(2) Stir the white glue + wood chips evenly, embed them in the gap, and polish them with sandpaper after one day and one night.
(3) After stirring with paint and pigment, embed the plug and level it. If the paint surface is scratched and the wood under the paint is not touched, you can use crayons or paints of the same color as the furniture to modify the wound surface of the furniture to cover the exposed background color, and then apply a thin layer of transparent nail polish.
(4) If there are white burn marks on the furniture, usually use a cloth dampened with alcohol, toilet water and kerosene to scrub it.
(5) If cigarette butts or unsmoked matches leave scorch marks on the furniture paint, wrap a fine-grained hard cloth on the matchstick or toothpick, wipe the marks lightly, and then apply a thin layer of wax, the scorch marks are Can be faded.